Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Blog #4 Foreign Text

I received a letter from District 11 regarding the Annual Report to the Public as required by the No Child Left Behind Act.  One side of the letter was English, the other side was Spanish.

I had no clue as to what it was trying to say in Spanish.  I began looking at each individual word and then began looking for ANY word that I could possibly decipher.  I then began to flip from side to side to try and translate the Spanish.  I was surprised to see that many words in Spanish resembled other English words what were synonyms for the English word.  An example is the word  "Accountability" in English is "Responsabilidad" in Spanish.  The Spanish translation looks more like the English word "Responsible". 

WOW!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you had some background knowledge of vocabulary to help you!

    ReplyDelete